Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Inspiring Asanas. Balancing Energies of Yin & Yang

Via Flickr:
Continuing my new series Inspiring Asanas...

Here is my artwork for the month of May, reflecting my creative vision of one of the asanas we do at the first part of each yoga session. Recorded the asana, performed by my husband and me with long exposure, keeping my camera levitating above us :-) Applied my texture magic, enhancing the image by layers of textures with our origami papers, including Chiyogami paper with a theme of Katsushika Hokusai's “The Great Wave off Kanagawa”.

We really do enjoy practicing together - the cosmic forces are moving, spinning and coming into a balance in the end...Tried to depict it in this art-work.

Our yoga sessions are usually accompanied by uplifting music and one of the favourite albums to listen to while body-folding is In Flow of Light by Julian Ray :-)
ps: yes, it's me on the album's cover \o/

1 comment:

Kitchen worktops guy said...

I love the illustrative style, and the overlay of those energies in a really subtle - yet present, way. It mirrors their affect in life I think - always there, moving us, but us not always noticing them. Way to tap into yin and yang in both life and creative inspiration!